The Journal of Construction Materials is a peer reviewed, open access publication.
Open Access Policy:
All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download, copy and distribute. As an open access publisher with no subscription and submission charges, a fee is payable by the author or research funder to cover the costs associated with publication. This ensures your article will be immediately and permanently free to access by everyone. The journal allows the author to hold the copyright of the published article without restriction.
We understand that some institutions may have limited funding for their research activities. Thus, we have instituted a generous waiver system that may ease the payment of the manuscript publication fee when their researchers choose to publish their manuscripts in the Journal of Construction Materials. One of our primary goals is to accelerate the dissemination of knowledge through the publication of high quality research articles. We are continually pursuing this goal, without putting undue financial burden on researchers or their institutions.
Aims and Scope:
The Institute of Construction Materials aims to publish innovative articles with precise focus on environmental properties, nanomaterials, concrete technology, urban development, modern architecture, extraterrestrial construction, digitalization, and automation. The institute will publish new and novel case studies, but will also provide a forum for the publication of high quality descriptions of classic construction material problems and solutions related to actual projects. ICONSMAT provides an essential compendium of case studies for practicing engineers, designers, researchers and other practitioners who are interested in all aspects construction materials.
This journal operates a double blind review process. All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then typically sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. The Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles. The Editor’s decision is final.
ICONSMAT accepts video material and animation sequences to support and enhance your scientific research. In order to ensure that your video or animation material is directly usable, please provide the file formats with a preferred maximum size of 100 MB and a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
Guide for Authors:
Research articles submitted should be no more than 10000 words in length. Some exceptions will be made if there is a compelling reason to include extra information.
All submissions will be evaluated for technical soundness and general interest to both the research community and practitioners, before a decision is made to send to review. If the paper is deemed suitable for review, then it will be sent to at least one editorial board to undertake the review.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of work of the author and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior.
Ethics topics to consider when publishing:
- : Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. Transparency about the contributions of authors is encouraged.
- Originality and plagiarism: The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- Data access and retention: Authors may be asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data.
- Multiple, redundant or concurrent publication: An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. ICONSMAT does not view the following uses of a work as prior publication: publication in the form of an abstract; publication as an academic thesis; publication as an electronic preprint. Note: some society-owned titles and journals that operate double-blind review have different policies on prior publication.
- Acknowledgement of sources: Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest: All submissions must include disclosure of all relationships that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest.
- Fundamental errors in published works: When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Reporting standards: Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance.
- Hazards and human or animal subjects: Statements of compliance are required if the work involves chemicals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use, or if it involves the use of animal or human subjects.
- Use of patient images or case details: Studies on patients or volunteers require ethics committee approval and informed consent, which should be documented in the paper.
Before you submit:
For creditation matters, please makes sure to have your ORCID and Google Scholar accounts set up before submission.
You can use this list to carry out a final check of your submission before you send it for review. Please check the relevant section in this Guide for Authors for more details.
Ensure that the following items are present:
One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details:
• E-mail address
• Full postal address
All necessary files have been uploaded:
• Include keywords
• All figures (include relevant captions)
• All tables (including titles, description, footnotes)
• Ensure all figure and table citations in the text match the files provided
• The Abstract’s maximum number of words is limited to 250.
• Manuscript has been ‘spell checked’ and ‘grammar checked’
• All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa
• Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet)
• A competing interests statement is provided, even if the authors have no competing interests to declare
• Publication policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed
• Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on ICONSMAT requirements.
Farid Sartipi, Institute of Construction Materials, Sydney, Australia
Pshtiwan Shakor, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Sydney, Australia
Amir Sartipi, Institute of Construction Materials, Tehran, Iran
Board of reviewers
Yonathan Reches, US Space Force, Los Angeles, USA
Pshtiwan Shakor, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Sydney, Australia
Alireza Rahmati, Iran Guild Association of the Producers of Ready Mixed Concrete and Precast Concrete Specimens , Tehran, Iran
Nima Mojtahedzadeh, University of Nevada, Reno, USA
Amirreza Kandiri, Institute of Construction Materials, Tehran, Iran
Shahriar Masoumi, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, Netherlands
Farshad Kamran, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Morteza Hosseini, Einhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hoda Karimpour, Western Sydney University, Sydney, Australia
Nima Usefi, Western Sydney University, Sydney, Australia